Terms and conditions
1. The 2018 MiX Telematics Calendar Competition is only open to MiX Telematics and channel partner employees (hereafter referred to as ‘Participant/s’).
2. To enter, Participants must register and upload their photographs via www.mixcalendar.com.
3. All photographs must be original and taken by the Participant themselves, i.e. they may not:
be taken by a friend or family member;
be from a stock image library, or
be sourced from the Internet, or any other source.
4. Photographs entered must associate with the competition theme, ‘MiXture’.
5. Photographs entered must comply with the following technical specifications:
All photographs need to be in landscape format for the purposes of the printed calendar. In other words, shot or cropped horizontally.
Entries may be in colour or black and white.
Photographs may be uploaded at a reduced size (minimum 640 pixels wide).
An original, high-quality image at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi will be required of all winning photographs.
6. While basic image retouching is permitted, the following is not allowed:
Combining multiple images.
High-dynamic-range (HDR) photographs.
Adding or removing visual elements.
Application of effect filters.
Adding of borders and/or text.
7. Each entry must be accompanied by the Participant’s full name, a photograph title and a caption. This information will be requested at the time of upload and will be published with each photograph should the Participant’s entry be successful.
8. Each Participant may enter up to five photographs.
9. All entries must be submitted by 23:59hrs on 31 August 2018. No entries will be accepted after this date.
10. Winning photographs will be selected at the sole discretion of the judges appointed by MiX Telematics. The decisions of the judges are final and binding, and prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise.
11. By entering the competition, all Participants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries in connection with the competition and in any media now or hereafter known. Participants must not infringe on the privacy rights, copyright or other rights of any person.
12. By entering this competition, all Participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless MiX Telematics and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this competition or any competition-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
13. MiX Telematics reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.